Not only about the beach, there are many other stunning tourist destinations on the island of Lombok. Located in West Lombok, there is a hits park that is wrapped in history and has become a favorite destination for both locals and foreign tourists.
The name Narmada Park is a duplication or miniature of a small version of Mount Rinjani. The panorama presented by Narmada Park is no less beautiful than the green view of the surrounding trees and grass. There is also a pool and other entertainment.
Curious about this popular park in West Lombok? Check out the following 10 charms of Narmada Park!
1. Narmada Park is located in Lambuak Village, Narmada District, West Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara
2. With an area of almost 3 hectares, this park was built by the King of Mataram Lombok, Anak Agung Ngurah Ngurah Karang Asem in 1727
3. Having a reason, the king built Narmada Park because of his old age so he was unable to climb Mount Rinjani for worship
4. From there, Narmada Park is thick with Hindu nuances and becomes a place of worship, the implementation of the Pakelem Ceremony, and the resting place of the royal family
5. The name Narmada means spring or source of life which is taken from the name of the tributary of the Ganges in India
Continue reading the article below
Also Read: 10 Portraits of the Beauty of Gili Kedis Tourism, a Little Paradise in West Lombok
6. Narmada Park has one of the eight oldest temples in Lombok, namely Pura Narmada
7. Popular and believed to keep youth young, Balai Pertitaan is a place of holy water that flows from three springs namely Narmada, Lingsar, and Suranadi
8. Not only that, there is Telaga Ageng which is a duplication of Segara Anak Lake and a public swimming pool that was once the king’s bath, a favorite of visitors!
9. Due to its panoramic beauty, historical sites, and sacred buildings, Narmada Park is designated as a National Cultural Heritage
10. Right in a pocket with a strategic location, to visit Narmada Park, you just have to prepare a budget starting from IDR 6 thousand, you know!
That’s the charm of the beautiful and historic Narmada Park in West Lombok. When visiting this place, you can witness the beauty of nature and learn about the life history of the King of Lombok. Are you interested?
Also Read: 10 Famous Tourist Places in Lombok, Have You Been?
IDN Times Community is a medium that provides a platform for writing. All written works are the sole responsibility of the author.