Every country has historical heritage, just like old cities. Likewise, China has preserved a number of old cities relic of various dynasties. The ancient city is an interesting tour that is worth a visit.
Apart from being a place for traveling, the ancient city is also often the setting for filming or drama, you know. Some of China’s popular ancient cities are close to major cities and rivers, making them easy for tourists to reach.
Want to explore China from a different angle? Here are a series of the most beautiful and historic ancient cities in China that can be your holiday inspiration!
1. The city of Yongding is famous for the architecture of Tulou, a round building where the Hakka ethnic group lives that is admired by architects around the world
2. Shaoxing, a water city that is part of the Yangtze River. Famous for wine and most popular Chinese opera after Peking
3. Wuzhen became the next water city, famous as the home of celebrities, because it gave birth to many brilliant academics, leaders, politicians
4. Tunxi has more than 630 years of history in the style of the best-preserved Southern Song, Ming, and Qing Dynasties in China
5. Hongcun, an ancient village that is the best example of Anhui-style architecture. Listed as a World Heritage Site in 2000
6. Located at an altitude of 2,400 meters above sea level, Lijiang is part of a strategic route that connects the surrounding mountains
7. Dali is a historical city steeped in Bai culture, located between Cangshan Mountain and Erhai Lake
8. In the past, Pingle was a bustling trading center along the Southern Silk Road. Charming natural scenery
Also Read: 9 Tourist Attractions in Tianjin-China, Makes You Reluctant to Go Home
Continue reading the article below
9. Xidi, an old trading city that became a Hui cultural treasure. The historic wooden house with beautiful carvings is interesting to visit
10. China Ancient Bridge Museum, the nickname of Luzhi City which has many ancient stone bridges. Built during the Song, Yuan, Ming, and Qing Dynasties
11. Zhouzhuang became a popular tourist dubbed the Venice of the East. There are crossing waterways and unique ancient bridges
12. Tongli, one of the six best old towns south of the Yangtze River. Parks, bridges and towers make for some cool landmarks
13. Want to know the Venice of Shanghai? The Zhujiajiao Old Town, which earned the title, is decorated with architecture from the Ming-Qing Dynasty
14. Qibao gives off the atmosphere of old Shanghai, complete with an authentic mosque, workshop, and old shop
15. Want to see the aurora? Come to Beiji Village in the far north of China which gets about 20 hours of sunshine
16. Pingyao is known as a well-preserved Ming Dynasty City. There are ancient houses, cobblestone streets, and an interesting traditional way of life
17. Ciqikou is a symbol of old Chongqing overlooking the Jialingjiang River. Porcelain and handicrafts are the mainstay products
Those are the rows of ancient cities that still exist in China as your holiday inspiration someday. Which place would you most like to visit?
Also read: 13 of the most popular Chinese specialties in Indonesia, have you tried them all?