How to Recover Deleted Files Using Recuva – Using the Recuva app to recover lost or deleted data is the right method or course of action.
So if you forget to make a backup it won’t be a problem. Although it is recommended to do a backup first.
Before you know how to use Recuva, it’s a good idea to get to know the Recuva app first.
What is Recuva?
Recuva Data Recovery is software that will help you recover data that was deleted intentionally or accidentally.
Recuva can restore files that have been emptied or deleted from the trash as well as image files and other files that have been deleted due to user error from flash disks, hard disks.
Digital camera memory card, or MP3 player. It will even restore files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses.
The features contained in Recuva are as follows:
- Could restore files from formatted, or even destroyed, media stored.
- Restore deleted email, especially to Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, and Mozilla Thunderbird email clients.
- Can restore music files in iPod.
- Restore unsaved Microsoft Word documents, because Microsoft Word hangs or the computer suddenly shuts down.
- There is a file preview feature that has been invented, especially for image files.
- There is a Deep Scan facility for a deeper search feature for deleted files.
Also Read: How to Create ISO Files
Features Available in Recuva
After knowing how to use Recuva, it doesn’t feel right if we don’t discuss the features in the Recuva application.
As you already know, Recuva offers the ability to restore deleted files on your computer. However, actually Recuva also provides some other very useful features, such as:
1. Recovering Files on Hard disk
Your hard disk is intentionally formatted by itself, while you need the files on it? No need to worry because Recuva can also restore files on a hard disk that has been formatted.
To do this, you can click the “All local Disk” option at the top left. Then, Recuva will automatically show you the files that you can recover. You simply “checklist” the files you want to recover.
Then, click “Restore” in the lower right corner.
2. Recover E-Mail
The habit of deleting spam emails might make you accidentally delete important emails too.
Recuva can recover deleted emails in Microsoft Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, and Windows Live Mail.
It’s very easy, you just need to click on the “search” symbol at the top next to “Options.” After that you select the “E-mail” option to restore the lost e-mail.
Well, then you wait for Recuva to process the return of the lost email.
3. Recover Data on iPod
If you deleted music you didn’t want to hear from your iPod, but one day you need the music you deleted, restore the music on your iPod using Recuva.
Yes, Recuva has another feature where you can recover data or files on iPod easily and quickly, you know.
Some people have experienced incidents where when typing Words or Excel the computer suddenly shuts down due to blackout or damage.
Words or Excel documents will automatically disappear because they have not been saved. However, Recuva can restore it by recovering from temporary files.
4. Delete Files Permanently
If you think that simply deleting files from the Recycle Bin is enough to delete data, then we need to think twice.
Because files deleted from the Recycle Bin can be restored again with freeware similar to Recuva.
If you want to permanently delete a file, use Recuva because this application makes the file unrecoverable.
5. Scan Files on PC
Apart from recovering lost files, Recuva also has a feature where users can scan all files on PC.
It works for those of you who may have forgotten where to place important files or where to lost files, so Recuva helps to scan them.
6. Change LANGUAGE
The first time you install the Recuva app, Recuva will automatically display all instructions in English. However, you can also use Indonesian for the Recuva application.
The difference between Recuva and Recycle Bin
- Recuva can recover unsaved Microsoft Word files when typing word files. While the Reycycle Bin cannot restore data that has never been saved.
- Reycikle Bin can only restore data that is only in Reycikle Bin while Recuva can restore deleted data wherever it is located.
- One more feature that is owned by Recuva which is actually the opposite of its main feature, namely deleting files until they are completely lost, not just pointers. This feature will come in handy, for example when someone wants to sell their computer and doesn’t want the data on the hard disk to fall into the hands of someone else. Unfortunately, this kind of software is only available for the Windows platform, although it includes a wide range of versions, namely for Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000, both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
Also Read: How to merge PDF files
How to Use Recuva to Recover Files
After a bit of discussion about the app, here’s how to use Recuva to recover deleted files:
- First, make sure you have Recuva app. If you don’t have it, you can download it on google.
- Next, run the Recuva program and press Next.
- Please select the file types you want to recover. If you want all files, select All Files. After selecting, click Next to continue.
- Then, select the place of the drive or folder that you want to recover. Please click Browse to select the folder you want, if you have clicked Next.
- In the next window, please check Enable Remote Scan. It aims to maximize the search for lost files. Then click the Start button to start searching.
- Here, the file search is in progress. The process is fast or slow depending on the size of the files or data to be recovered.
- When the search process is complete, the files to be found will appear. Here, you can see the file name and status.
- Please click the Status column to sort files by status, and select Toggle advanced mode to display other options. Description: Red: No, Green: Most likely to be restored
- In advanced mode, you can search for files in a specific format by filling in the search field (magnifying glass icon). For example: .jpg, .mp3, .dx and others. You can also click the arrow in the search field.
- On the right, there is a preview box to view the files you want to recover. However, this is only a preview of the image file.
- After selecting the files you want to recover, please check the boxes and click the button Restore. Then specify the location of the recovered files. Note: Choose another media to place the recovery files. For example, if you perform data recovery on D, then save the recovery results on a drive other than D or to flash. This is to avoid overwriting other files.
- Then click OK to save it.
Also Read: File Manager App
Thus our article on How to Use Recuva to Recover Deleted Files, hopefully it can help you in using Recuva.
Thank you for reading our article and see you in our next article.