TEMPO.CO, Jakarta – Kylian Mbappe scored two goals, thanks to assist Lionel Messi, when PSG beat Saint Etienne with a score of 3-1 in the French League continued, Sunday morning, February 27, 2022.
With the addition of these two goals, Mbappe has now climbed to the top of the top scorer list, equaling Wissam Ben Yedder’s goals from Monaco.
Check out some facts about Mbappe’s sharpness and his collaboration with Messi:
- Kylian Mbappe and Wissam Ben Yedder both scored 14 goals. Both are at the top of the temporary top scorer list, one goal ahead of Gaetan Laborde (Renes).
- Two goals against Saint Etienne led Mbappe to 156 goals for PSG. Now his goal productivity has matched Zlatan Ibrahimovic. However, both are still adrift behind Edinson Cavani (200 goals).
- Messi has given four assist for Mbappe in Ligue 1 this season. It is a assist highest for the pair of players. Mbappe also gave Messi one assist.
- Mbappe became the first player to collect at least 10 goals and 10 assist in Ligue 1 this season (14 goals and 10 assist). In Europe’s top five leagues, players who have also managed to reach that number are Mohamed Salah (19 and 10) and Domenico Berardi (10 and 11).
- Goals have been hard to come by for Lionel Messi since his move from Barcelona to PSG. However, he is quite productive in giving assist. Now, the Argentine has contributed 2 goals and gave 10 assists.
Latest French League top scores:
Also Read: Premier League Standings and Week 27 Results Recap