The human cage in Langkat Regency, North Sumatra, belonging to the Regent of Langkat is deactivated, the Publishing Plan for Wind-War, which had previously captured public attention, has now been brought to the attention again. The reason is, there are allegations of involvement of members of the TNI and Polri related to the human cage case.
Komnas HAM commissioner, Mohammad Choirul Anam, revealed that a number of members of the TNI and Polri were involved in the violence and torture in human cages.
“We received information that several members of the TNI and Polri were involved in the cage process. We know the number and names of each as well as other supporting information including rank,” Anam said at a press conference in Jakarta, Wednesday (2/3).
Anam continued, there were acts of torture or degrading of other people’s dignity which were allegedly carried out by the TNI and Polri elements. Based on this finding, Komnas HAM has also coordinated with the Army POM (TNI AD).
“We sent a letter to the POM TNI AD asking for help in conducting a deepening and investigation. The reason is that there are TNI personnel involved in the cage process,” he said.
Allegedly There Are 19 Torture Perpetrators
Then, Komnas HAM also revealed that there were 26 forms of violent torture and degrading treatment in the human cage. Then, there are 18 tools used to carry out the violence.
Currently Komnas HAM has received information that there are 19 people who should be suspected as perpetrators of violence in the human cage.
“There are those who attack the sexual organs. There are those who are degrading, including being told to chew chilies and then spraying them on their friends,” Anam explained.
At least six people die in cages
According to Komnas HAM, the last condition was that the capacity of the cage was filled by 57 people. With details, the first cage contains 30 residents. While the second cage filled with 27 people. Sadly, as many as 6 people have died in the human cage belonging to the inactive Langkat Regent.
Not only that, Komnas HAM also discovered the fact that there were occupants of the human cage who were teenagers aged 16 to 17 years. At least Komnas HAM received information that there were two teenagers who were also inmates of the cage.
“These children are employed there. We have two children. One of them is in the cage because he often skips school. And (the second teenager) is in the cage because he hit the gas on his motorbike when he passed the TRP So they were immediately put into the cage,” said Anam.
The Officials Don’t Know?
The chairman of Komnas HAM, Ahmad Taufan Damanik, also questioned the existence of human cages that have existed since 2010. This shows that there is no supervision from law enforcement officials regarding these human cages.
“We need to ask why this incident took so long but there was no monitoring and correction of the incident,” he said.
Meanwhile, the Head of Public Relations of the North Sumatra Police, Kombes Pol Hadi Wahyudi, emphasized that he would not hesitate to process his members if they were proven to be involved in the alleged death of the occupant of the human cage.
“The North Sumatran Police will continue to coordinate with Komnas HAM and are committed to taking steps to explore and investigate the alleged involvement of members. If this is true, we will not hesitate to process it because that is our commitment,” Hadi said in an official statement to VOA, Wednesday (2/3). ) night.
North Sumatra Police Raise Status to Investigation
Currently, the Directorate of General Criminal Investigation (Ditreskrimum) of the North Sumatra Police has raised the status from an investigation to an investigation into the cage case belonging to the inactive Langkat Regent.
“Investigators raised the status to investigation on the basis of two police reports (LP) Number: LP/A/263/2022/SPKT POLDA SUMUT, dated 10 February 2022, victim Sarianto Ginting and police report Number: LP/A/264/2022/SPKT POLDA SUMUT, February 10, 2022, victim Abdul Sidik Isnur alias Bedul,” he said.
Hadi revealed that the status of the investigation was increased after the North Sumatra Police Ditreskrimum conducted a series of investigations and held cases and examined more than 70 witnesses including Terbit Plan and his wife and children.
Police Promise To Be Transparent
Some time ago the Ditreskrimum of the North Sumatra Police also carried out the demolition of the two graves of Sarianto Ginting and Bedul and carried out investigations at the crime scene. A number of items of evidence have also been secured for investigation purposes.
“With the increase to the level of investigation, this shows that the North Sumatran Police are serious about uncovering this incident. Everyone who dies must be accounted for, including if it is found that there is involvement of members of the Police, we will certainly process it,” said Hadi.
In this case, it is possible that there will be a suspect in connection with the death of the occupant of the cage at the house of the inactive Langkat Regent.
“Of course investigators have explored the potential (suspects). We will work transparently and professionally,” concluded Hadi. [aa/em]