Another surprise occurred at the German Open 2022. One of the series of Super 300 tournaments does not seem friendly to the top players.
After the five seeded players lifted their suitcases in the first round, more and more seeded players fell in the second round. They certainly failed to advance to the quarter-finals of this badminton tournament.
1. Two representatives of Indonesia’s men’s singles
Indonesia immediately lost two of its flagship representatives in the men’s singles sector. Anthony Sinisuka Ginting and Jonatan Christie failed to advance to the quarter-finals of the German Open 2022.
The two leading Indonesian players were defeated by the young players from their respective countries. With this result, Indonesia no longer has a representative in the men’s singles sector.
Here are the full results:
- Jonathan Christie (6) vs Kunlavut Vitidsarn (Thailand) 20-22 and 9-21
- Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (4) vs Lakshya Sen (India) 7-21 9-21
2. There are three top players in the women’s singles sector
From the women’s singles sector, the first and second seeded players failed to get a ticket to the quarter-finals of the German Open 2022. Of the 3 seeded players who ran aground, 2 of them had to be defeated by representatives of China.
The following is a list of the women’s singles seeded players who stopped in the second round of the German Open 2022:
- Tak Tzu Ying (1) (Taiwan) vs Sayaka Takahashi (Japan) 15-21 and 18-21
- Akane Yamaguchi (2) (Japan) vs. He Bingjiao (China) 17-21 and 11-21
- Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (7) (India) vs Zhang Yiman (China) 14-21, 15-21, 14-21
Also Read: 5 Men’s Singles Mainstays Become Victims at the German Open 2022, Fail to QF!
Continue reading the article below
3. Two pairs of men’s doubles seed
There were two pairs of seeded men’s doubles who stopped in the second round of the German Open 2022. Both pairs were defeated by the men’s doubles of China and Japan, respectively.
Here’s the full list:
- Fajar Alfian/Muhammad Rian Ardianto (5) (Indonesia) vs. He Jiting/Zhou Hao Dong (China) 15-21, 21-17, and 14-21
- Mark Lamsfuss/Marvin Seidel (7) (Germany) vs. Keiichiro Matsui/Yoshinori Takeuchi (Japan) 21-19, 24-22, 19-21
4. Two pairs of women’s doubles seed
Tight competition also occurs in the women’s doubles sector. The second and fifth seed pairs were forced to go out in the second round of the German Open 2022.
Here’s the full list:
- Lee Sohee/Shin Seung Chan (2) (Korea) vs Zhang Shu Xian/Zheng Yu (China) 19-21, 21-15, 14-21
- Nami Matsuyama/Chiharu Shida (5) (Japan) vs Jeong Na Eun/Kim Hye Jeong 18-21 and 18-21
5. Second seed in mixed doubles
China’s mixed doubles, Huang Yilyu/Huang Dong Ping, who is the second seeded pair, had to lose to compatriots, Ou Xuan Yi/Huang Yaqiong. Yilyu/Dong Ping lost in straight sets with a score of 13-21, 18-21 to the new Chinese pair.
More and more top players have fallen at the German Open 2022. Indonesia also had to lose three of its best representatives in this Super 300 tournament.
Also Read: Complete Results of Indonesian Players at the German Open, Pass 2 Representatives to QF!
IDN Times Community is a medium that provides a platform for writing. All written works are the sole responsibility of the author.