Suara.com – The Hong Kong government is considering implementing a strict lockdown or lockdown, when new cases of Covid-19 reached more than 26,000 in a day on Sunday (27/2).
Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam has previously said she will not go into lockdown. However, seeing the development of new cases that continues to soar, the discourse of lockdown so that people stay indoors has strengthened.
The suggestion for a lockdown came from the head of the Health Service Sophia Chan, who said a lockdown was still possible.
“From a public health point of view, limiting people’s mobility is the best way to support mass testing policies,” he said.
Paxel Presents Emergency Delivery to Help Overcome the Spike in Covid-19 Cases
“To limit people’s mobility, residents are expected to stay at home and avoid outdoor activities,” he added.
Lockdown was deemed necessary, considering that previously only 12,000 cases were recorded since the pandemic began.
This latest increase in cases has overwhelmed hospitals. Many patients do not get treatment rooms, and patients who die are left abandoned in the morgue.
Head of the Lau Ka Hin Hospital Service said one of the reasons for the abandoned bodies was problems in the transportation system. Difficulties arise when the carriers are sick, so funeral homes and cemeteries cannot run.
“That’s the reason why the body that should be buried is still in the hospital,” he explained.
Rose BLACKPINK is positive for COVID-19, a number of overseas agendas are canceled
Currently, the death rate due to Covid-19 in Hong Kong in the past week is 8 per 1 million population. This is much higher than the United States (5/1,000,000), United Kingdom (1.80) and Singapore (1.36).